Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 leaf butterhead lettuce
- tomatoes (optional)
- jalapeno (optional)
- garlic (optional)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- For flavor and texture variety, blend the cottage cheese with another low-carb ingredient. A hardboiled egg works well and adds to the creaminess of the cottage cheese.
- Tomato, jalapeno and garlic are other healthful add-ins.
- Prepare your cottage cheese filling in advance and season it to taste with ground black pepper, hot sauce or other spices.
- Place the filling in the lettuce leaf directly before you have your snack.