1/2 Photos of Cottage Cheese Lavender Herb Bread (Abm)
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 35 mins
A very unusual and delicious bread recipe! You could call this a high protein bread. No one can guess that cottage cheese is in this bread. Found on Whatscookingamerica.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese (or low-fat)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh lavender flowers (or dried)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups bread flour or 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons bread flour or 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons fast-rising active dry yeast
- cornmeal (optional for dusting pan)
- 1Place all ingredients except cornmeal in bread pan of your bread machine as manufacturer reccomenda. Select dough setting and press start.
- 2When dough cycle has finished, remove dough from pan and turn out onto a lightly oiled surface. (I use a nonstick cooking spray. Form dough into an oval, cover with a plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3After resting, turn dough bottom side up and press to flatten. For baguettes (long, slender) or boules (round), divide the dough into 2 pieces and shape. For baguettes, fold dough into an envelope by folding the top 1/3 of the way to the bottom. Then fold the bottom a 1/3 of the way over the top. Then press dough with the palm of your hand to make an indentation down the center of the dough and fold the top completely to the bottom, sealing the seam with the palm of your hand.
- 4Place on a jelly roll pan dusted with cornmeal. Cover and place in a warm spot to rise until the dough is doubled in bulk, approximately 30 to 50 minutes (depending on how warm your room is).
- 5Oven Rising:.
- 6Sometimes I use my oven for the rising. Turn the oven on for a minute or so, then turn it off again. This will warm the oven and make it a great environment for rising bread. If you can't comfortably press your hand against the inside of the oven door, the oven is too hot. Let it stand open to cool a bit.
- 7Cool or Refrigerator Rise:.
- 8If I don't have the time to wait for the rise to finish or I know that I will be interrupted before the completed rise, I do a cool rise. A cool rise is when the dough is place in the refrigerator and left to rise slowly over night approximately 8 to 12 hours. I usually do this after the first rise and the dough has been shaped into a loaf.
- 9Preheat oven to 400 degrees. After rising, slash or score the loaves with a very sharp knife making three 1/2-inch deep diagonal slashes. Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned and hollow sounding when tapped.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cottage Cheese Lavender Herb Bread (Abm)
Serving Size: 1 (854 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2312.0
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 382.1 mg
- Sodium 967.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 399.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.9 g
- Sugars 73.7 g
- Protein 83.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: