Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Growing up, our next door neighbor used to make these. I was lucky enough for her to pass this wonderful recipe on to me. She just recently passed away, and I'm posting this in her honor.
- 2⁄3 cup cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- ground cinnamon, for dusting
- In a blender, combine all ingredients, except applesauce and cinnamon.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture onto a nonstick skillet, making 8 pancakes.
- Turn pancakes when edges appear dry.
- Brown lightly on both sides.
- To serve, place pancakes on serving plates.
- Divide applesauce among pancakes on top.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
These are so good with or without the applesauce and cinnamon! The batter is very thin and would work well being cooked in a crepe pan. I used a griddle pan and had a lot of trouble turning these and breaking apart. My first batch were to brown so I turned down the heat and the second batch was better but still broke apart. BlueHyacinth your neighbor had a wonderful recipe that she shared with you.