Recipe by BlueHyacinth
Growing up, our next door neighbor used to make these. I was lucky enough for her to pass this wonderful recipe on to me. She just recently passed away, and I'm posting this in her honor.
Top Review by lauralie41
These are so good with or without the applesauce and cinnamon! The batter is very thin and would work well being cooked in a crepe pan. I used a griddle pan and had a lot of trouble turning these and breaking apart. My first batch were to brown so I turned down the heat and the second batch was better but still broke apart. BlueHyacinth your neighbor had a wonderful recipe that she shared with you.
- 2⁄3 cup cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- ground cinnamon, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine all ingredients, except applesauce and cinnamon.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture onto a nonstick skillet, making 8 pancakes.
- Turn pancakes when edges appear dry.
- Brown lightly on both sides.
- To serve, place pancakes on serving plates.
- Divide applesauce among pancakes on top.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.