Recipe by GothicGranola
I absolutely LOVE cottage cheese so I can't wait to try these from the Midnight Snacks cookbook.
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemons (optional) or 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- warm maple syrup or apple butter or preserves, for serving
- fresh berries, sliced banana, toasted nuts (optional) or sour cream, for serving (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place everything but the serving ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, or mix by hand with a whisk.
- Heat a nonstick skillet and brush the bottom lightly with oil. Pour the batter into the pan, forming 3-4 inch rounds. When bubbles appear on the surface, flip the hot cake and brown the other side.
- Serve with warmed maple syrup, apple butter, or preserves, along with the suggested toppings or whatever you like.
- NOTE: You can substitute ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese for a richer hot cake and dust with confectioners' sugar.