Recipe by Terri F.
This is a light fruit salad that goes well with chicken or pork. The cottage cheese keeps it from being overly sweet. Please note prep time includes chilling time. Kids like this, too!
Top Review by sodowd_11546153
FYI - My aunt taught me to let the cottage cheese sit in a strainer for an hour or so, to let the milk separate from the cheese curds, then it will have a much better texture....less mushy and runny.
- 453.59 g container small curd cottage cheese
- 85.04 g box Jello gelatin, any flavor (we like raspberry)
- 226.79 g container Cool Whip
- 425.24 g can fruit cocktail or 425.24 g canany fruit, drained
- 118.29 ml walnuts (optional) or 118.29 ml pecans, chopped (optional)