Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Okay new year time to be healthy right? Following the south beach or any low carb diet and they all recomend cottage cheese. Well I can't seem to get it past my mouth (the look tastes fine I am sure). So while packing my lunch and wishing I had dip for all those vegetables I had to choke down I thought I would try altering my favorite dip recipe and wow tastes just great!
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 ounces onion soup mix (one package)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or as I do in batches in my magic bullet!
- Blend to combine.
- Refridgerate 3 hours to let the flavors marry.
- Serve with assorted crudites.
Excellent! I upped the lemon juice a bit, subbed fat free sour cream for the mayo, and added some pepper and seasoning salt. Didn't let it sit - ate it right away and it was delicious!
This dip base was amazing. I browned onions, garlic, salt and pepper and dried parsley. Amazing protein filled base I will be using for dips from now on.
Halved this recipe and it was good, but too thick for the magic bullet! A bit strong on the dip mix too, might cut it a bit with sour cream and use less mix next time.