Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light summertime dish. From Taste of Home Quick Cooking 2000. I usually omit the pecans.
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin, flavor your choice
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, unsweetened, drained
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Mix the cottage cheese and jello powder in a small bowl.
- Stir in oranges, pineapple and pecans, if desired.
- Just before serving fold in the whipped topping.
This is so good! I’m going to have to make this again!
This reminded me of the ambrosia salad sold at the deli near my childhood home. So much so, I was sorely tempted to spinkle some toasted coconut over the top. Never knew how they made it and feel like now I have the secret. I used peach jello with gave mine a pale color and mild flavor. Found it a bit too sweet and added an extra 1/4 cup of cottage cheese. Used non-fat cottage cheese and Cool Whip Lite, which helped cut the calories and this fun confection. Thanks Kaarin.