Recipe by Cathleen Colbert
From Recipe Goldmine. I made pizelles for Christmas and was looking for an alternative to the traditional ricotta filling. I used nonfat cottage cheese.
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup wine or 1 cup other liquor
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak raisins in the wine overnight.
- Wrap the cottage cheese in two layers of cheese cloth and squeeze the liquid fron the cheese.
- Allow the cheese to continue to drain overnight in the refrigerator.
- Drain the raisins and discard the liquid.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients well.