1/8 Photos of Cottage Cheese Enchiladas
Oh My!!! These enchiladas are too good to be true! I found this recipe on another recipe site and I just had to tell others about it! All of my guests love this dish. Just be careful, they're filling!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, boiled and shredded or 2 ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 12 flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2To make meat mixture: Heat oil in medium saucepan, add either cooked shredded chicken or ground beef.
- 3(If using ground beef, cook until browned).
- 4Add onion and sautè and add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions.
- 5To make cheese mixture: Combine sour cream, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- 6To assemble enchiladas: Take a bit of the meat mixture, cheese mixture, and shredded cheese and roll.
- 7Place the enchiladas in a 9x13 baking dish, with folded edge on bottom of pan.
- 8Top tortillas with any remaining meat or cheese mixture or shredded cheese.
- 9Pour the enchilada sauce over tortillas.
- 10Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 11(If using flour tortillas, the ends will become a little dark, but that is OK).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cottage Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.6
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 2110.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 31.8 g