Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a nice change of pace-- pleasantly aromatic and not sweet at all.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free cottage cheese (you can use low fat)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill
- Heat the oven to 400°F
- Butter or spray 10 muffin cups.
- Mix the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- In another bowl combine egg, milk, oil, dill.
- Add this to the flour mixture and stir just till combined.
- Spoon into muffin tin 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes till well risen and springy when touched.
- Allow muffins to cool 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.