Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Serve in a green, red or pepper shell for great presentation. Lower fat dip from Better Homes & Gardens "New Dieters Cookbook". Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- In a food processor bowl or blender container place all ingredients.
- Cover and process or blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Serve with vegetable dippers.
This is a tasty dip. I've made it for a number of years and find that almost everyone loves it. It's a great alternative to sour cream based dips.
I just made this and used a quarter of a cup of low fat cottage cheese and non-fat plain yogurt for the rest. I did not have green onion so I used red onions, and used fresh dill and no parsley. The flavors are wonderful together. I was worried about it being gritty and this solved the problem for our family. I added the recipe to my favorite's list and made modification.
This is pretty good, but very dry. I had to add 3 Tablespoons of milk and then it was still a little gritty.