Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This bread freezes well in freezer bags. It will stay good about 1 month in freezer. Great to have on hand, for impromptu dining.
- Dissolve yeast and 2 teaspoons sugar in warm water; let stand 5 minutes. Combine cottage cheese and next 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Gradually stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface, and knead 8-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic (will be sticky). Place in a well-greased bowl, turning to coat . Cover and let rise in a warm place, free of drafts 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down dough, and divide in half, shape each half into a loaf. Place in 2 well greased 8 1/2x4 1/2x3-inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise in warm, draft free area, 45 minutes or until doubled.
- Bale at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when tapped.
- Remove loaves from pans; brush with melted butter. Cool completely on wire racks.