1/1 Photo of Cottage Cheese Crookneck Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
Donna Matthews's Note:
This vegetarian main dish takes a bit of time and energy so we usually fix it for special occasions or company. Served with a salad and rolls, it is a beautiful gourmet meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut onion in half (from north to south), then in slices.
- 2Sautee squash, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until squash is slightly tender.
- 3Meanwhile, mix together eggs and cottage cheese.
- 4To assemble:.
- 5Place vegetables in bottom of 9 x 13 casserole dish, being careful to drain off all liquid.
- 6Spread cottage cheese mixture on top.
- 7Sprinkle with spices as desired.
- 8Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- 9Lightly toss mixture with fork.
- 10Bake, uncovered, in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cottage Cheese Crookneck Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.0
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 109.5 mg
- Sodium 497.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 22.7 g