Recipe by danlynclark
A delicious unleavened recipe. Perfect for breakfast or to serve with soups. Omit the sugar and lemon from the glaze for a savory version. Prep time includes 4+ hours of refrigeration.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cream or 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add flour.
- Mix until dough forms.
- Wrap dough tightly in wax paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Divide dough into thirds.
- Return other portions to refrigerator.
- Roll dough into 10 inch circle on well-floured board.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Roll each into crescent starting at wide end.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake on lightly greased baking sheet, 2 inches apart at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- While croissants are baking, prepare glaze.
- Drizzle glaze or brush on tops of warm croissants.
- Serve warm.