Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice, light lunch that's simple to prepare. I serve it over Romaine leaves.
- 1⁄2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- lettuce leaf
- 1 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, mustard, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir in crab, celery, and onion.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates with tomato wedges.
It's an easy, light lunch, but I made this just as written and it just seemed so bland. I even added extra onion and garlic powder. The testure was nice... a little crunchiness here and there. I really thought it would have more flavor to it. The recipe is certainly worth playing around with. Thanx for sharing!
This made a great light lunch that I served with avocado slices and tomato wedges. I also have to agree with WI Cheesehead about the flavor. Something was lacking so I increased the garlic, pepper and dijon slightly. I also added a bit of kosher salt. All in all, a great, easy recipe. Thanks for sharing! **Made for I Recommend..**
This is very refreshing and easy to prepare. I hollowed out two tomatoes and put the salad inside. This is a fancy tasting and looking lunch that does not require fancy ingredients. Imitation crabmeat is usually on sale at my grocery store every couple of weeks. Thanks for adding some pizzaz to my lunch hour. :)