Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I always have krab and cottage cheese in the fridge, so this mayonnaise-free salad is a staple in our house.
- 1⁄2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- lettuce leaf
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, mustard, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in crab, peas, celery and onions.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates with tomato wedges.
Very good and so easy to make. Made with lowfat cottage cheese and fat free sour cream to make it even healthier. Great lunch for a hot summer day!
this is very similar to a salad my grama'nita makes with cream, mayo, krab, celery and olives. i love cottage cheese so this was a nice departure from the heavy cream and mayo combo! i always add shredded carrots to my crab salad, and this was DIVINE!!!!
This was nice and light and refreshing, a good quick hot summer meal. I made it as directed but used low fat cottage cheese and light sour cream. I also was worried about it being bland because of the other review so I added a bit more dijon, garlic powder, peper and also added seasoned salt. The flavor was very nice and not bland. This is not the most delicious thing I have ever had but considering how easy, inexpensive and healthy it is I will likely make it often...and you should too.