Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are my favorite cookie next to chocolate chip. This is the only crisp cookie I like. They are so buttery and taste wonderful with a cup of coffee. You do not taste the cottage cheese at all, so if you hate cottage cheese, you'll never taste it.
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Blend butter& cottage cheese thoroughly in mixing bowl.
- Gradually add sifted dry ingredients.
- After mixed, form into a roll.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill several hours or overnight.
- Slice thinly and bake on a buttered baking sheet at 350 degrees until lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes.
I tried making these with a powdered sugar glaze and they were great! However, mine came out more fluffy than crisp. Everyone still liked them though!
My mom has been making these for years! We love them! It wasn't until I started to make them that I found out they where made with Cottage Cheese! The trick to making them tast great is a Powdered sugar glaze. I have even used this cookie recipe as a puff pastry recipe.
I'm really sorry, but I was disappointed in these cookies. The recipe looks like it would be good, but the flavor just wasn't there for our taste. I don't like to give a low review, but I won't make these again.