Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very refreshing salad - you can vary the ingredients depending on what you have in the fridge. Use leftover chicken or some canned chicken. I like a bit of low fat Sundried Tomato Oregano dressing on it but use the dressing of your choice. Garlic croutons are nice too! This is one serving - repaeat for as many as you wish
- 236.59 ml mesclun or 236.59 ml other lettuce, enough to cover your plate,cleaned
- 118.29 ml cooked chicken
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 118.29 ml sweet onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml daikon radish, chopped (chinese Radish)
- 59.14 ml cucumber, peeled & chopped
- 59.14 ml celery, chopped
- 118.29 ml low fat cottage cheese or 118.29 ml 2% large-curd cottage cheese
- crouton (optional)
- salad dressing, of your choice (optional)
- Place a layer of lettuce on your plate.
- Spread on the chicken and then layer the other ingredients.
- Top with cottage Cheese.
- Sprinkle with croutons& Dressing if using.
This makes for a quick, filling lunch! I tweaked it a bit because of the ingredients I had on hand. I used mixed baby greens, chicken, regular onion, roma tomato,cottage cheese, and Sun-Dried Tomato and Red Pepper dressing. Next time I will make sure I have cucumber! (not a big fan of radishes/celery)Thanks Bergy!
This will be made over & over this summer as I prepare no cook lunches for myself. I always have cooked chicken ready to use and fresh veggies on hand. Instead of chopping the veggies I used a mandoline for thin crispy slices of english cucumber, celery, radishes, and red onion. Yum! Thank you for sharing your recipe!