Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can assemble these up to 24 hours in advance and refrigerate. Use homemade taco sauce or bottled, my Kittencal's Red Enchilada or Taco Sauce works great with this recipe!
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 medium firm tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chilies (or to taste)
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup taco sauce (or to taste)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl mix together cottage cheese, 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, tomatoes, green onions, chili powder, seasoned salt and green chilies (if using).
- Divide the mixture between the 8 corn tortillas.
- Roll up the tortillas and place seasom-side down in the baking dish.
- Drizzle the taco sauce over the tortillas and thne sprinkle with 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or to taste).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and the cheese has melted.
This recipe is wonderful, cheesy goodness! I did a little changing, to fit the tastes of younger children. I didn't add the chopped tomatoes, green chilies or green onions--used sauted, diced white onion instead. I also used two 10-ounce cans of store bought enchilada sauce. I poured 1 of the cans on the bottom of the 9 X 13 casserole dish and poured the other can on top of the corn tortillas, before I sprinkled the rest of the cheese on top. Oh, to make rolling the tortillas easier, I put each one in a skillet on my stove top on low heat with a little bit of canola oil for about 5-10 seconds per side. My husband and children loved these enchiladas! Thanks, Kitten~
Cottage cheese? Who knew! Honestly, I had very low expectations so this was a pleasant surprise. I didn't have green chiles, tomatoes or green onion and they still turned out great! I mixed it well and the filling had the texture of ricotta, which I love. This is a keeper %u2013 thank you for sharing.
Wonderfull thanks for posting.