Top Review by Juenessa
This recipe is wonderful, cheesy goodness! I did a little changing, to fit the tastes of younger children. I didn't add the chopped tomatoes, green chilies or green onions--used sauted, diced white onion instead. I also used two 10-ounce cans of store bought enchilada sauce. I poured 1 of the cans on the bottom of the 9 X 13 casserole dish and poured the other can on top of the corn tortillas, before I sprinkled the rest of the cheese on top. Oh, to make rolling the tortillas easier, I put each one in a skillet on my stove top on low heat with a little bit of canola oil for about 5-10 seconds per side. My husband and children loved these enchiladas! Thanks, Kitten~
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 medium firm tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chilies (or to taste)
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup taco sauce (or to taste)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl mix together cottage cheese, 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, tomatoes, green onions, chili powder, seasoned salt and green chilies (if using).
- Divide the mixture between the 8 corn tortillas.
- Roll up the tortillas and place seasom-side down in the baking dish.
- Drizzle the taco sauce over the tortillas and thne sprinkle with 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or to taste).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and the cheese has melted.