Recipe by Whisper
I have not made this recipe yet, but it looks interesting and easy. Prep time includes saute time.
Top Review by samiaadrienne
This was really good! I added 3/4 jar of marinara sauce, and also more mushrooms. I chopped the mushrooms very finely in the food processor, since my kids won't eat them otherwise. It had kind of a ground beef effect. I also used chicken broth instead of the water. I also added some more grated parmesan on the top. Very tasty, and even my picky 4 year old liked it!
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram, crushed
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute first 5 ingredients in a large skillet.
- Stir in next 6 ingredients and simmer until macaroni is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Mix next 3 ingredients together.
- Put 1/2 the macaroni mixture in a greased 2-qt casserole dish.
- Top with 1/2 the cottage cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.