Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yet another of my mom's delicious recipes that I now make myself. These little treats take a bit of work, but are worth the effort. They also freeze nicely. Prep time does not include refrigeration time for dough.
- 12 ounces cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cream together margarine and cottage cheese.
- Add flour and salt.
- Chill dough four hours or overnight for easier handling.
- Divide dough into 4 parts.
- Roll each part out very thinly on floured surface.
- Cut each part into 12 wedges and roll up from wide to narrow of each wedge.
- Bake at 325F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Brush with glaze while still warm.
I make these and they turned very nice. I used the cottage cheese and next time I would use cream cheese because the dough was too soft and hard to handle. I think there may be a difference between how Canadians call the cheese and how we yanks name it. You might have intended that I use what we call cream cheese. Thanks
I haven't made these myself, but I've had them at your mom's house and I distinctly remember not being able to stop eating them!! Being a lazy cook, it may be a while before I try making them on my own, but I wanted to make sure I raved about them here!!