Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom use to make something like this for her lunch when I was a kid, then, I would not even try it, now, I love these open-faced goodies.
- 4 slice raisin whole wheat bread
- 236.59 ml fat-free cottage cheese
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml Splenda sugar substitute (your sugar substitute)
- 1.23 ml cinnamon, ground
- Place all ingredients except bread in blender & process until smooth.
- Toast bread.
- Spread mixture on toast and top with any of the following:.
- Sliced strawberries; sliced bananas; fresh or canned pineapple; blueberries; diced apples; OR, any other topping that suit you.
I halved this recipe, using two slices of whole wheat bread and half a cup of cottage cheese. For the record, I absolutely hate cottage cheese -- the texture makes me gag! I figured that blending it would solve that problem. I did add a lot more Splenda than called for, because I just thought it needed more sweetness... which is why I would leave out the lemon juice. I probably also used more cinnamon than I should have, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! I topped this with fresh raspberries, and was surprised to find that I didn't hate it at all! Thanks for posting.
Made this, subbon whole-wheat english muffins for the bread, topped with bananas. SO delicious and filling.
This was quite a treat for us! We are always looking for something new at breakfast, and although it sounds so simple it was a very yummy recipe. Thanks so much!