Recipe by Happy Harry #2
My mom use to make something like this for her lunch when I was a kid, then, I would not even try it, now, I love these open-faced goodies.
Top Review by brokenburner
I halved this recipe, using two slices of whole wheat bread and half a cup of cottage cheese. For the record, I absolutely hate cottage cheese -- the texture makes me gag! I figured that blending it would solve that problem. I did add a lot more Splenda than called for, because I just thought it needed more sweetness... which is why I would leave out the lemon juice. I probably also used more cinnamon than I should have, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! I topped this with fresh raspberries, and was surprised to find that I didn't hate it at all! Thanks for posting.
- 4 slices raisin whole wheat bread
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (your sugar substitute)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except bread in blender & process until smooth.
- Toast bread.
- Spread mixture on toast and top with any of the following:.
- Sliced strawberries; sliced bananas; fresh or canned pineapple; blueberries; diced apples; OR, any other topping that suit you.