1/2 Photos of Cottage Cheese Bread
just a little something different. prep time doesn't include rising time. In the directions I didn't specify kneading. there are 2 schools of thought on this subject. I leave that up to your personal preference. I knead this type of bread but i've know people who don't. As long as the bread gets a good double in size rise you should have good results. You can either use dried herbs or fresh. I prefer fresh but have had good results with the dried. Just remember dried herbs tend to have a more concentrated flavor so you may what to cut back on the amount a bit if using dried herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1soften yeast in warm water.
- 2bring butter, cheese and egg to room temperature mix all ingredients except flour. add yeast to this mixture and mix well.
- 3gradually add enough flour to make a firm dough.
- 4cover and let rise 1 hr or until doubled.
- 5punch down and put in a well buttered 1 1/2 qt casserole. cover and let rise 30 minutes.
- 6bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
- 7turn out and brush with butter and sprinkle with coarse salt. serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cottage Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.1
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 42.0 mg
- Sodium 545.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 9.7 g