Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
My own creation...I eat this EVERY day for breakfast. Very healthy, low-fat/cal, and filling (especailly when using whole-wheat bread). Also a great breakfast for diabetics
- 1 small cinnamon raisin bagel or 1 small English muffins or 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese or 1⁄4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 packet sugar substitute
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- Toast bagel, english muffin, or bread.
- Top with sliced banana.
- Spread cottage cheese evenly over top.
- Sprinkle sugar substitute and cinnamon over top.
I am always looking for new ideas for breakfast, especially those that are low fat & filling. I bought oat bran English muffins as I couldn't find whole wheat. Give this one a try -- I never thought of cottage cheese as a breakfast food, but this was very good! -M
this recipie was delicious!! At first I thought it sounded a little strange, so I tried it before I fixed it for my 8 year old daughter and loved it, so I fixed it for her, and she loved it too!! TRY IT!!! Sherrill Tello
I have to put my 2 cents worth in here. Because of comments in the discussion forums, I decided to give this one a try, even though I am not a cottage cheese eater. This was really good. I liked the flavor and the cinnamon and sweetner made the cottage cheese very tasty. Especially with the banana and cinnamon/raisin bagel that I put it on. Thanks for posting this one.