Recipe by wolvena
This recipe is from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home. These pancakes are high in protein and very delicious. Keep the pancakes small, around 4 inches, because they are difficult to flip if they are any bigger.
- 2 apples or 1 1⁄2 cups grated apples
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core, and grate the apple into a mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly mix in the cottage cheese, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup, and salt.
- Sprinkle in the flour and baking powder and stir well.
- Butter or oil a heavy griddle and place it on medium low heat.
- For each pancake, ladle 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet.
- When bubbles form on the tops and the bottoms are browned, flip the pancakes over and brown them on the other side.
- Serve topped with maple syrup or sour cream and fruit.