Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
These muffins are high in protein and high in fiber.
- 2⁄3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, parmesan, flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, salt, egg beaters, and water. Mix until well combined, then gently stir in ham, sharp cheddar, and green onions.
- Spray muffin cups with non-stick spray or olive oil, or spray foil muffin cups.
- Divide batter between six muffin cups.
- Bake muffins 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned on top and set. (If you're going to be microwaving later, bake for 25 minutes; if eating immediately, bake for 30 minutes.).
- Muffins can be refrigerated and reheated in microwave. Be careful not to microwave too long or they will get tough.
I thought these were okay, lacked flavour a little though even though I used a flavoured cottage cheese...ham was missing from the ingredients but in the method so I missed that when Making but this would have helped the flavour I'm sure.
After reading the recipe I realized that, although it isn't in the ingredient list, the directions call for including ham, so I took it upon myself to add a half cup of finely diced baked ham, & they turned out just fine ~ These muffins made for a great breakfast, but since I wasn't able to zmail the chef about the ham, well . . . [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]