Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this in this month's Shape Magazine. This has the flavor of a cheese souffle, but it's much easier to make - and works for breakfast or dinner.
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 3 eggs or 6 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese, divided
- fresh herbs, such as tarragon, parsley (optional) or chives (optional) or fresh spinach, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place cottage cheese and eggs in a blender and run on medium speed for 1 minute or until fully combined.
- Add half of the cheddar cheese and blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and fold in the remaining cheese and herbs or spinach (if using) with a spoon.
- Pour into four ramekins; place on cookie sheet and bake 40 to 45 minutes, until puffy and starting to brown.
- Serve warm in ramekins.
A lovely simple brekky. I didn't bother blending the ingredients, just whisked but I can imagine if blended the lightness of this would be beautiful. I think it tasted great as is though. Thanks for posting!