Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Muffins with a good amount of cheese! I hope to make these today to use up the cottage cheese in the fridge.
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Mix togehter all ingredients except parmesan until just combined.
- Spoon into well greased muffin pans and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake at 190 C 12-15 minutes.
These were a pretty good breakfast muffin. I didn't have self-rising flour, but added 1 tsp baking soda and they came out just fine. Next time I'll cut back on the salt as they were a bit salty for my taste. These would be great served with bacon.
Really yummy. Also very salty. Mine did not rise. When I rechecked the recipe I found an option to nominate metric. When I did I found that your cup is not the same as our Australian one. No wonder they did not rise. Mine were drowning. Will definitely try again very soon.<br/>Five star but needs LESS SALT.