These light and airy pancakes have a rich flavour and a creamy texture. You could serve them with a variety of season fruits, but the peach fig syrup is to die for! Cook time is for each pancake, obviously it will take you longer to cook them all!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups peeled pitted and sliced peaches
- 1 cup quartered fig, preferably black mission
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1To make the syrup; in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, add the peaches and figs and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- 2Add the maple syrup and bring to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes more (this syrup can be made well in advance and rewarmed just before serving).
- 3Preheat oven to 250*F.
- 4Place a sieve over a bowl, add the cottage cheese to the sieve and drain off the excess liquid.
- 5In a mixing bowl, combine the dry pancake ingredients.
- 6In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, drained cottage cheese, butter and lemon zest.
- 7Fold in the flour mixture.
- 8Spray a griddle or large skillet with the cooking spray and heat it over medium heat.
- 9Spoon a heaping TBS of the batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
- 10Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes, then turn over and cook for about 1 minute longer.
- 11Keep the pancakes warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- 12Serve with the syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cottage Cheese and Buttermilk Pancakes With Peach Fig Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.7
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 93.4 mg
- Sodium 887.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: