Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the Foodcourt column by Anjali Vellody, Weekend magazine.
Make and share this Cottage Cheese and Broccoli Sprinkled with an Almond topping! recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 500 g cottage cheese, cubed
- 1 spring onion, washed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 250 g broccoli, washed and broken into florets
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 maggi vegetable stock cube
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pineapple
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup blanched almond, cut thinly (to garnish)
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Saute the cottage cheese cubes in it lightly.
- Remove from wok and keep on clean paper kitchen napkins to drain.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pot.
- Saute garlic in it for a minute.
- Add spring onion and broccoli.
- Stir-fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add cottage cheese cubes, cornflour blended in a little water, a vegetable stock cube, pineapple, soy amd chilli sauce.
- Stir and cook until the gravy thickens.
- Add an additional stock cube if desired now and cook until it completely dissolves.
- Sprinklee with almonds.
- Serve hot.