Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice healthy dip for kids to dip apple slices into. It would also be nice to serve at the kid's appetizer table at your next function. After school snack, accompanying a sandwich...they're gonna love it! Taken from healthykids.com.
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 -2 teaspoon skim milk
- 3 medium apples or 3 medium pears, cored and slic
- For dip, in blender container or food processor bowl place the cottage cheese, peanut butter, and cinnamon or apple pie spice.
- Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- If necessary, stir in enough milk to make dip of desired consistency.
- Serve the dip immediately or cover and chill it for up to 24 hours.
- Serve dip with the apple or pear slices. Makes 6 (2-tablespoon) servings.
This was yummy! I used fat free cottage cheese, natural PB & no milk-didn't even bother to blend it! Just ate it with some banana. I also added Splenda. Easy & very tasty! Thank u for sharing.
I made this as a snack for my toddler DD & I. Good idea but the little fusspot wouldn't eat it. I liked it but would have liked it a little sweeter, may add some Splenda if I make it again!
This is just what I was looking for when I was hungry and wanted a healthy, low sugar snack. I added Splenda to mine to make it taste more like a fruit dip.