Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Savory carrots baked in a cheese sauce.
- 946.36 ml sliced carrots, cooked and drained
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1 can French-fried onions
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- 236.59 ml grated sharp cheddar cheese
- white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer half the carrots in a greased casserole.
- Sprinkle with half the lemon juice, half the parsley and 1/2 of the onions.
- Add the remaining carrots, lemon and parsley.
- Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan over low heat.
- Add flour and cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add milk, increase heat to medium high, cook and stir until mixture begins to boil.
- Remove pan from heat, add cheese, stir until melted and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over carrots and bake 15 minutes.
- Top with remaining onions and bake 5 minutes.
I think this would have gotten 5 stars from my family if I had cooked the carrots longer before I put them in the casserole. It was definately a different way to make carrots for us, which is what I was looking for. Will definately make again, Thanks!
Another great carrot recipe! Love that bit if crunch from the fried onions. Just the right amount of sauce. I'll make this again; the kids really loved it! Thanx!
very good, my family enjoyed the carrots,I used baby carrots that were already peeled and washed.