1/1 Photo of Cottage Carrots
Savory carrots baked in a cheese sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Layer half the carrots in a greased casserole.
- 3Sprinkle with half the lemon juice, half the parsley and 1/2 of the onions.
- 4Add the remaining carrots, lemon and parsley.
- 5Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan over low heat.
- 6Add flour and cook and stir 1 minute.
- 7Add milk, increase heat to medium high, cook and stir until mixture begins to boil.
- 8Remove pan from heat, add cheese, stir until melted and season with salt and pepper.
- 9Pour sauce over carrots and bake 15 minutes.
- 10Top with remaining onions and bake 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cottage Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.1
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 344.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: