Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
A blend of another corn dog casserole & a cornbread recipe from America's Test Kitchen. You could use any sort of mild sausage.
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, sliced thinly
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 lb hot dog, sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Saute celery in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add onions, saute 5 minutes.
- Place in large bowl and set aside.
- Saute hot dogs & set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, sugar & salt.
- Make well in center of bowl.
- Add eggs and stir.
- Add milk & buttermilk & stir until just combined.
- Add vegetable, hot dogs & cheese.
- Pour into 9" square pan and bake until golden brown & slightly cracked, about 25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes.