Recipe by AKPrincess3
This is an excellent, fresh tasting dip. It is a sort of dry salsa that uses Cotija Mexican cheese. Cacique makes it and it is very easy to find in the southwest. The cheese is a crumbly, salty cheese that is very good. You could make this and eat it with corn tortilla chips or add as a garnish to any Mexican style meal. With out the seeds it is very mild for even a young guest, but can be hotter if you leave in the seeds. Our guests always love it.
- 3 anaheim chilies, chopped (long green peppers, California green chili or chili verde)
- 12 ounces Cotija cheese, crumbled small
- 1 sweet white onion, chopped
- 2 -3 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)