Crystal blue water, bright sunshine, and warm air redolent with lemon blossoms; this is the French Riviera! Bring just a little of that ambiance to any dinner with this gorgeous salad. The dressing is particularly wonderful on peaches, nectarines, berries and mixed greens, but you can use any salad combination you choose. Recipe adapted from an online source.
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons honey, plus 2 teaspoons honey (see Homemade Lavender Honey)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (preferably from Meyer lemons)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh lemon verbena (optional)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- mixed baby lettuce greens (4 generous handfuls)
- 1 fresh peach
- 1 fresh nectarine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry (or fresh berries of your choice)
- finely sliced fresh lemon verbena or lemon balm or mint leaf, for garnish
- To Make Dressing:.
- Process all ingredients in a blender until the dressing is smooth. Chill for 20 minutes before serving.
- Just Before Serving:.
- Place a handful of greens on each salad plate. Slice the peach and the nectarine, arrange slices on each salad. Sprinkle with the raspberries and the chopped lemon verbena.
- Drizzle each salad with honey lemon dressing, and garnish with fresh lemon verbena, lemon balm or mint leaves.