Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found on the net and posted so that it will be easier to find when folks ask for the recipe! Prep times are guess-timates.
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix, package (Duncan Hines is the best)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 20 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- For ALMOND POPPYSEED MUFFINS: use a white cake mix, add 2 teaspoons poppyseeds, and 1 tsp almond extract.
- FOR CHOCOLATE MUFFINS: use a chocolate cake mix and stir in 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Create your own: use whatever flavor cake mix you want and add your own goodies.
- Other suggestions:.
- + French vanilla cake mix and fresh raspberries.
- + Lemon cake mix and poppyseed.
- + Spice cake mix with cinnamon/sugar topping.
I didn't really think these tasted much like Costco muffins...they were a little more cupcake-y than costco's are...I might try them with a touch more oil to try to get closer. BUT I am definitely going to keep this recipe around for the fact that it's EASY and VERSATILE!
My kids really liked these. I added 2 tsp. of vanilla and milk chocolate chips to the batter. Everyone said they tasted more like a cupcake than a muffin. Thanks for an easy recipe.
The muffins came out good, but they didn't taste anything like Costco muffins to me. I used a Duncan Heinz Spice Cake mix, and cut up an apple to put in the batter, to simulate Costco's apple-cinnamon muffins. Not even close. Definitely not the best cupcake I've made either, but not bad. I think without the apples, it would have been really dry.