I had these several times in Costa Rica and loved them. Great do ahead recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the zucchinis until tender, apprx 8-10 minutes.
- 2let cool, cut in half lengthwise.
- 3Scoop out the insides and place in a strainer, Force as much liquid out as possible.
- 4Combine the squash paste, egg, grated cheese,& milk, mix well.
- 5Fill the zucchini shells.
- 6Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese (get them ready up to this point and then just pop them in the oven 15 minutes before serving).
- 7Heat in 350F oven for apprx 10-15 minutes or until the parmesan is browned and they are heated through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Costa Rican Zapallitos Rellenos (Stuffed Zucchini)
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.4
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.1 mg
- Sodium 255.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g