1/5 Photos of Costa Rican Raisin Cake
This cake is a specialty at Cafe Cartago, Commerce City, Colorado
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix cornstarch and coffee in saucepan until smooth.
- 2Add 1/2 cup sugar and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 3Add raisins and nuts and set aside while preparing batter.
- 4Beat butter until soft and fluffy.
- 5Add brown sugar and remaining white sugar and continue beating until thick and light in color.
- 6Add cream of tartar and baking soda together and add alternately with milk.
- 7Add vanilla and mix well.
- 8Pour 1/2 the batter into a buttered 8-inch square pan.
- 9Spread with raisin mixture and cover with remaining batter.
- 10Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- 11Cool and turn out of pan and cut into nine squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Costa Rican Raisin Cake
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.6
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 363.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g