Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This marinade can be used with beef, chicken, or pork. Posted for ZWT 4 - South/Central America and found on Recipe Goldmine's website.
- 2.46 ml lime zest
- 78.07 ml lime juice
- 59.14 ml tomato juice
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro or 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml red pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Using a shallow non-metal dish or reasealable plastic bag add all the ingredients and mix together well.
- Up to 3 pounds of beef, chicken, or pork can be placed in the marinade and refrigerated for 8 hours but no longer than 24.
- Cover the dish or seal the plastic bag and turn meat occasionally.
- Grill meat to desired doneness and discard remaining marinade.
This was a good marinade. I used it on boneless chicken breasts and broiled them instead of grilling. I thought the tanginess from the lime juice was too intense, and I think DD agreed by exhibiting her little puckered face. On the other hand, DH thought it was perfect. For those with similar taste buds to mine, I would recommend reducing the lime juice by half (1/4 cup instead of 1/2 cup). Thanks for sharing this recipe! (Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #42)
Great marinade! I used it on chicken wings and thighs, which I baked. Great flavors and chicken was really moist. Think this would be good on a firm white fish also, such as halibut. I will try it again on grilled chicken.
This was a great marinade! This is the first time I ever cooked so I was a little nervous but it turned out great!