Recipe by lauralie41
This marinade can be used with beef, chicken, or pork. Posted for ZWT 4 - South/Central America and found on Recipe Goldmine's website.
Top Review by MarthaStewartWanabe
This was a good marinade. I used it on boneless chicken breasts and broiled them instead of grilling. I thought the tanginess from the lime juice was too intense, and I think DD agreed by exhibiting her little puckered face. On the other hand, DH thought it was perfect. For those with similar taste buds to mine, I would recommend reducing the lime juice by half (1/4 cup instead of 1/2 cup). Thanks for sharing this recipe! (Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #42)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a shallow non-metal dish or reasealable plastic bag add all the ingredients and mix together well.
- Up to 3 pounds of beef, chicken, or pork can be placed in the marinade and refrigerated for 8 hours but no longer than 24.
- Cover the dish or seal the plastic bag and turn meat occasionally.
- Grill meat to desired doneness and discard remaining marinade.