Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came across this recipe in Costa Rica And asked the chef for his recipe.It turned out he was also Canadian.Delicious and easy to make. Try it.
- Grill, broil or pan fry steaks to your preference.
- In a fry pan add butter chopped onion and chopped jalapeno (if less heat wanted seed and devein peppers) and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk and chicken cube to pan and bring to boil stirring often.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Place pre cooked steaks in sauce and heat through.
- Place steak on platters and pour sauce over steaks.
- Serve with rice and broccoli.
Ray...Ray...Ray...what a surprise of a sauce! I honestly was skeptical of a sauce made with evaporated milk and jalapenos, but my gosh, this was good. Do people still use the word "scarf" as in "he scarfed" or "she scarfed" it down? Well, we ALL "scarfed" this one down.
What a delicious recipe! I was looking for something to use up the jalapenos I had in my fridge, and this was the perfect dish!
I didn't have evaporated milk so I used double the amount (1/2 cup) of regular milk. I had to cook it a bit longer for it to thicken but the taste was still lovely. I also added one clove of garlic to and a dash of cumin to the sauce while it cooked. I bet it would be yummy with shrimp too!
Very tasty and came together quickly when the steak was pan-fried. I think that a little bit of garlic and maybe sun-dried tomatoes would be delicious, though, perhaps, not necessarily very 'Costa Rican'!