Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From worldrecipes.com, this sounds quite delicious and easy to make.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans hearts of palm
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth (remove fat)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ground pepper
- very small amount salt (optional)
- lettuce leaf
- Drain the hearts of palm, cut them into ½-inch pieces, and put them into a large bowl.
- Stir in the red pepper, yellow pepper, and chopped parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, chicken broth, and olive oil. Drizzle the dressing over the hearts of palm mixture and toss gently.
- Season to taste with salt (optional) and pepper.
- Line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves, spoon the salad on top and serve.
This was fantastic. The mustard blended nicely with the bland hearts of palm and zesty dressing. Made for ZWT and will certainly make again.
Good but it is missing something in my opinion. IMO, the dressing is the key ingredient to make this a great salad. Make sure you mix the dressing well before adding it to the salad. Made for Count Dracula's and His Hot Bites for ZWT7.
I made half the recipe. The dressing is great with the hearts of palm and peppers. DH said he would like jalapeno in it next time. Good idea. I'll try next time. Thanks FloridaNative :) Made for Count Dracula and His Hot Bites for ZWT7