Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is one good rice & beans recipe - if you wish you can use kidney or other beans, still good
- 709.77 ml day old cooked rice
- 473.18 ml cooked black beans (canned are ok)
- 29.58 ml onions, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml sweet bell pepper, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml coriander, finely chopped
- 3 strip bacon, chopped,cooked,drained & crumbled
- 14.79 ml oil
- 7.39 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 7.39 ml Tabasco sauce (or more)
- Saute the onions& pepper in the oil.
- Add beans& cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add the rice& stir together, cook 3 minutes.
- Add worcestershire, tabasco & coriander, mix well.
- Garnish with bacon bits.
- If you want garnish with sour cream.
Excellent and tastes just like what we've had in Costa Rica. I used Melinda's hot sauce, since that is what is used in Costa Rica.
I'd made this some time back. I did not garnish with bacon, instead, did that with cilantro. Also, I did not use Tobasco and Worcestershire sauces. I remember garnishing with cilantro and thin strips of green bell pepper. The dish was amazing, both, presentation and taste wise. I served it with low-fat yogurt and everyone had a grand time:)
I did not use bacon and found this to be extremely bland. I can't imagine that the bacon would add enough flavor to make this worth making again.