Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Send yourself to the tropics when you sip this easy-to-make smoothie-style banana-rum drink.
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup light rum (or amount to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup coffee liqueur, such as Kahlua
- Place the banana and ice cubes in a blender, and pour in the coconut milk, evaporated milk, rum, and coffee liqueur.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses and serve.
I thought this was great. Rita is right it did not have much of a Kahlua flavor, which I was fine with. I love the rum/banana flavor combo. Since the Kahlua presence isn't strong I may sub it in the future with macadamia nut liquor which I love adding to sweet drinks.
Sorry this just wasn't our thing. I was excited when I saw banana, coconut, Kahlua I just knew I would enjoy this. I don`t like evaporated milk so I used all Organic lite coconut milk. Being the milk was not cold I did have to kick up the cubes to 2 trays, which made this a serving for 3 people. I found the rum a bit strong. And the kalhua needed to be more. Made for ZWT2011