Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not made this recipe but it was given to me when I was in Costa Rica several years ago and everyone that tried them loved them - I think you need a sweet tooth for this one.
- 2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh coconut, shredded
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes after it reaches a boil.
- As soon as it is cool enough to handle form small balls, place in paper cups.
- Store in sealed container.
I made this recipe for my food blog, Travel by Stove. It was heavenly. I mean, amazing. Yes, very sweet and rich (and soft ... don't expect to be able to slice it like chocolate fudge), but seriously delicious--a really wonderful indulgence.
It was a great recipe, very easy but it took a while until the mix was cool enough to make the balls. I added crushed walnuts to toss them in. very sweet and delicious!
This was a great recipe! I made this for my Spanish class and everyone loved it!! Very Sweet!