Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A recipe given to me by a friend who grew up in Costa Rica. Yummy!
Make and share this Costa Rican Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Boil chicken, add bouillon cubes- reserve broth - keep broth hot.
- Remove chicken from bone in bite size pieces.
- In large pan saute peppers and onion in hot oil until tender.
- Add rice (uncooked). Stir constantly for about 7 minutes.
- Add hot broth. Must be enough to cover rice to about 2" above rice. Mix thoroughly.
- Add chicken, mix thoroughly.
- Simmer until dry about 30 minutes uncovered.
- Cover and let sit about 10 minutes.
- Optional: May add one can English peas (drained) when adding chicken.