Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from a small taberna located along the promenade in Costabella, Spain. Time does not include the chilling time needed.
- 2 lbs yellow tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise and thickly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot juice
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 small tomatoes
- In a food processor or blender, working in batches, combine the yellow tomatoes, onion, squash, bell pepper, garlic, carrot juice, vinegar and oil. Pulse until finely pureed.
- Season with salt.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, minimum of two hours.
- At serving time, halve, pit and dice the avocado. Core and dice the red tomato.
- Serve soup in chilled bowls topped with avocado and tomato.